First, generate a report
Creating a report allows you to choose only the fields for the data to be recorded, with columns arranged in an acceptable order for data import.
- Navigate to the Reports screen in the Reports menu group.
- Click on the + for the report group that contains your customized report to expand.
3. Select the report type, for this example, Accessions Acc02 is chosen.
4. Select the report criteria that will include some data in the report, e.g. Acc. year Equal <year>.
5. Click on View or Export to create the resulting spreadsheet.
Next, clear any exported data from the spreadsheet, but keep the column headings.
This is your new data import template!
In the 25 second video below, a data import template is created by generating a report including the following criteria found in the Acc02 report catalogue: Accession Year, Material Type, Project, Genus, Species, and Cultivar.
💡 Tip! Don’t see the fields you need? Ensure that the report type you are using has been properly defined. For a resource on how to do this, read Create customized reports.
If you still don't see the fields you need...
Creating a Custom Attribute is a solution many IrisBG users have found useful. However, be sure to carefully look through the screens to ensure the fields you need are not already built into the database. It could be that the field name isn't recognizable at first.
And, as always, feel free to contact us for help with this task or any other.