Not really. While there are similarities, there are some key differences. IrisBG is developed in order to cater to workflows that are specific to botanical collections and are unlikely to be found in a generic CMS.
Botany-specific workflows that are supported in IrisBG
- Botanical nomenclature and taxonomy
- Management of plant collections
- Features such as Tasks, Inspections, Tours and Stores
- Identification / determination of plant material
- Provenance and other specific fields for plant material
- Plant management history