Learn how you update an existing accession, and try it yourself with a step-by-step example.
This is how you update an existing accession
- Retrieve the accession you wish to update (see “Find an existing accession”).
- Change any of the information as required in the fields.
- Click Save in the top right corner.
Try it yourself
Update location of the item for the Allium montanum accession. Search and retrieve the record for the Allium montanum you want to update. Unsure how to search for a record? Refresh by reading ⏭2. Find and existing accession.
Search and retrieve the record for the Allium montanum you want to update.
Unsure how to search for a record? Refresh by reading ⏭2. Find and existing accession.
- Click on the Items tab.
- Change the location by clicking on the drop-down menu next to Location,
and selecting ‘Rock Garden Bed 52’.
- In the Status field, click on the drop-down menu and select ‘Moved’.
- Click Save .
Once the data has been saved successfully, a green message ‘Save is completed’ appears
at the bottom of the screen.
Missing or invalid data will be highlighted in red. To the right of the status bar you will find the Person (making the change) and Date (time at which changes were last made to the accession).
A historical record is built when the location, status or status date of an item change.