In the Roles types screen you can define permissions to various parts of the system. In this article you will learn how to add new roles and permissions.
🌱 All users having the same role (defined in the User accounts screen) will have the same permissions. If a role is changed, the updated permissions will apply to all users having the role. IrisBG comes with predefined roles that can be modified if necessary.
Adding Roles and Permissions for version 188.8.131.5281 and later
❗ Skip ahead for older versions before 184.108.40.20681.
1. In the Authorization group of the Navigation Panel, click on the Role types screen.
2. Click Clear Screen in the toolbar to prepare the screen for a new role entry.
3. In Role name, enter a name for the role. Describe the role using the Description field.
4. Make sure that your new role is selected. The selected role will be highlighted in blue and the role and description text will appear in the yellow box on the right of the screen.
5. Click Add Authorization for Screen and Access Level dropdowns to appear.
6. Select the screen you want to add permission to.
7. From the Access level drop-down, select the access level for the screen.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 to add a new permission.
9. Click Save when done.
This is how you add Roles and Permissions for IrisBG versions before 220.127.116.1181.
- In the Authorization group, click on the Role types screen.
- Click Add item to add a new role.
- In Role name, enter a name for the role.
- In Description, add a descriptive note to the new role.
- Make sure that your new role is selected. This is indicated by the black arrow on the left.
- Click Add subitem to add a new permission line.
- From the System module drop-down, select the screen you want to add permission to.
- From the Access level drop-down, select the access level for the module.
Most commonly used are "View" and "Update".
- Repeat 7-9 to add a new permission.
- Click Save when done.