We are excited to finally share our plans for IrisBG with you. For 25 years we have evolved and improved and we will continue to do so – scroll down to learn what's in the pipeline.
It has also been fun to see the response we received on the invitation to our Coffee Chats! Continue to send us topics and don't forget to save your spot if you haven't already.
Øyvind Rustan and Mari Rustan
IrisBG | Compositae AS
It has always been central for us to take care of your investments in the software as well as your experience and knowledge about collection management. Further development of IrisBG will therefore be extensions to the well-known and solid platform used by us today.
We want to continue to provide a feature rich and flexible solution that adapts to your needs and budget. As part of that we will extend our use of the web and cloud-based services. However, we don’t want to force you to use a cloud-based solution. For many gardens, in-house hosting of the software and/or database will be the best and cheapest solution.
IrisBG as a cloud based solution (SaaS)
- No need to install the system on local computers.
- Availability on multiple platforms (Windows, iOS etc.).
- You will always use the latest version of IrisBG, manual upgrading is not necessary.
IrisBG on small devices (portable)
- Update, add and edit plant records whilst out on site.
- No need for synchronization.
- The usual IrisBG data quality, validation and integrity is ensured.
IrisBG Collaboration and Data Sharing
- Communication and efficient data sharing among our users.
- Extend and improve integration with external data providers such as World Flora Online for taxonomy and IUCN for Red List status, in the same way as for IPNI today.
- Interfaces (APIs) for making your data available for development of external apps