The 2nd challenge at the conference was presented by Alison Vry, the Plant records Manager at the Westonbirt Arboretum. Volunteers are a fantastic resource and we learned that while some gardens are fully dependent on them others have not worked with volunteers at all.
The questions the community were asked to discuss
In order to create an interactive conference evolving on discussions within the IrisBG community each presentation on the programme was concluding with a set of questions to be discussed in smaller groups.
- Which tasks are quicker to do myself & why?
- Which tasks are better to be done by volunteers & how?
- What level of access should volunteers have to the data?
- How to make the best use of volunteer insight, how to make them feel heard?
🌱 Want to continue the discussion? Comment on the thread in the IrisBG Community Forum.
The breakout session findings begin at 13:15.
Scroll down to find the full presentation and all the breakout session notes attached as a pdfs.
Volunteers and Plant Records
- The good, the bad and the unexpected