How do you benefit from using the IrisBG cloud database service to host your IrisBG database?
We take care of all the necessary configurations for the database. This includes connections, backups, security and performance.
In this article, we explain:
- The advantages of using IrisBG's cloud database service.
- The reasons our users prefer it over any other option for hosting their database.
- How you can initiate the process.
Table of Contents
- Detailed Technical Support
- Secure backups & Data protection
- Password reset
- How to implement IrisBG Cloud Hosting
Detailed Technical Support
Our Cloud Hosting Service is optimised for our users. We can help solve any technical issues you experience in a detailed and timely manner.
How? Simply put, our team of software engineers have access to the content within your database. In the unlikely event that no one on our team is available, we also have a contracted company on stand-by. Our
emergency and business continuity plans will ensure that you receive continuous support.
Secure backups & Data protection
Data integrity is important to our mission. Protecting your data is our priority. We handle it safely and securely by performing three types of backups.
- Full backups for your plant records are performed every week. These backups are kept on file for 10 weeks. A full backup provides a complete dump of your database, including everything existing in your database and transaction log file.
- Differential backups occur every 12-24 hours. Differential backups capture only changes that occurred since the last full backup.
- Transaction log backups happen every 5 to 10 minutes. This type of backup captures log records from the transaction log file. Transaction log backups are important for restoring or recovering a set of data or a particular setting, i.e., accidental deletions.
For further reading on these backups and more, we recommend Understanding Backups for Azure SQL Database:
Additionally, the database firewall only allows access from predefined locations (IP addresses) and the data traffic is encrypted at rest.
An IP-address is a unique address used to identify a device connected to the internet or a local network. IP is short for "Internet Protocol". Each IP address contains location information that differentiates between different computers, routers, and websites.
IrisBG cloud hosting allows you to work from anywhere. And you can have as many IP addresses connected to your account as you need.
At some point, either you or someone from your team may forget an IrisBG password. As an IrisBG cloud-hosted user, you can simply contact us for a fast reset. This service feature is most useful for when a database admin user forgets the password or in a case of staff roll-over. Otherwise, the admin user can reset the password for other users from IrisBG (Authorization > User accounts).
How to implement IrisBG Cloud Hosting
Moving your database to IrisBG is a smooth and short process, and completely free. Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will walk you through the process.
Unsure exactly how your database is hosted? Get in touch and we will help you.